Sparse brows can be a result of many things. It could be the bad plucking choices made in the 90’s, due to a medical condition or just getting older. Either way, it leads to a lengthy regime of drawing and filling in eyebrows every day.
If one is particularly self conscious about it, that means not being able to step out of the house even for a moment before filling in your brows. That can be a big inconvenience for any person to go through on a daily basis, not to mention time consuming.
What happens when you wash your face, have a vigorous workout at the gym, accidentally scratch/rub a brow off or go for a dip in the pool? You simply cannot live your life worrying about your brows disappearing at any moment.
Fortunately, we live in a time where we can have our brows permanently filled with none the wiser. When done by an expert’s steady hands, permanent brows appear extremely natural and exactly how you want them.
Finding a Permanent Solution to Sparse Brows
A permanent solution for sparse brows comes in many forms. There are microblading, nano brows, ombre brows, combo brows, and powder brows.
We are sure there are many more new techniques emerging as we speak. Every kind has its pros and cons. But all types of permanent brows share the following benefits:
- They give a fuller and more defined look to the brows with a natural appearance.
- You can enjoy amazing brows at any time of the day, or night.
- Saves you from doing makeup every day, especially if it’s a struggle for you.
- Gives a more symmetrical appearance to the face
- An excellent option for those allergic to ingredients found in cosmetics
- Permanent brows are waterproof and sweatproof. You can go to the gym, swim all you want, or wash your face five times a day without worrying about losing your brows.
- It saves you lots of time every day and adds convenience to your life.
- It builds confidence.
- Perfect for those struggling with hair loss due to alopecia, vitiligo, thyroid disease, age-related changes, or chemotherapy.
What Are Powder Brows and Why Are They the Best Option?
Out of all the permanent brows techniques so far, the ones that get the biggest fan following are Ombre powder brows.
Powder brows, also known by the names of airbrushed brows, stardust brows, or borderless brows, is a cosmetic procedure that involves depositing pigment just under the epidermis. What makes powder brows stand out is the technique used by makeup artists that gives them a soft powdery effect.
The shading technique is called dotting or pixelization and is done using a handheld digital device, similar to a tattoo gun piece. It’s a two-step process covered in two appointments spaced between 6-8 weeks in order to be able to control results.
Here’s why powder brows have been the top choice of permanent brows for the last couple of years:
- They give dimension and fullness to the brows without appearing too harsh or fake.
- The pixelated technique gives the brows a soft, misty appearance, making them naturally align with the rest of your facial features and enhancing them.
- Unlike microblading, powder brows are suitable for all skin types, including oily and mature.
- It also works well on people with very little natural hair left on their brows.
- Since powder brows are lighter and misty, the pigment can be built up to an individual’s preference.
- Powder brows last for up to 5 years, much longer than microblading and it is much gentler on the skin.
Deciding on a Shape
When it comes to permanent brows, we want to enhance what your features can support naturally. Meaning, we must take your bone structure and natural hair growth in consideration in order to obtain a natural sustainable result. We do not encourage trendy styles. When we stick to a natural look suitable for that unique client then we don’t need to worry about them going out of style. During the consultation, the artist will draw in the brows and will discuss and take into account the preference of the client and still suggest what would be most flattering. It’s definitely a team effort and we will not move forward with the appointment until both the artist and client are satisfied with the result. This is the most important part of the appointment.
If you are unsure or indecisive, you can come in for an in person consultation or we can reschedule you for a later time to make sure you are making the right decision for yourself. You can bring pictures for inspiration but brows are unique to the client. We can keep some of those preferences in mind and do our best to incorporate them in our results.
Cost of Powder Brows?
The cost of the powder brows strictly depends on where you live and your technician. A ballpark estimate would be anywhere between $350 for a beginner artist, to $1500.
Is the Procedure Painful?
The thought of needles can raise a pain level concern in our minds. So it’s important to note that the powder brow technique is a very gentle technique. It can feel slightly uncomfortable at first, depending on your pain tolerance. Most clients describe the pain level to be about 2-4 on a 1-10 pain scale. Once the first layer of color is placed we use a topical numbing gel, making the rest of the appointment basically pain free. Most clients fall asleep during the service and claim that plucking and threading feel more painful.
How Long Does the Procedure Last?
Appointments can range from 2.5 to 4 hours, average is about 3.5 hours for most clients. It’s important to take our time not only drawing the brows but also at the time of the application. This is your face and it’s important to focus on results. We should never rush.
Getting Your Eyebrows Permanently Filled in Alameda, CA
There’s a reason why powder brows are the most popular permanent makeup technique. The procedure comes with numerous advantages, but you can only benefit from them if you go to a trusted, well trained artist.
If you dream of low-maintenance, natural brows, head to Powder Brows by Claudia in Alameda, CA. We use an advanced shading techniques that give our clients beautiful results and a confidence boost every time they catch a glimpse of their brows in the mirror.
We strongly suggest you go through our gallery, our credentials, and our clients’ testimonies to ascertain that your brows truly are in safe hands.